Friday, January 9, 2015

Light is Never a Heavy Burden

Listen to this while you read. Or just watch and listen! (Link is here if the player doesn't work.)


Stop. Stop trying to figure everything out. Stop trying to redirect your entire life. Stop beating yourself up because you're not who you think you should be. Stop. And be still. Hush. Hold onto Me. Here I am - just turn around and I will be there.

I am not the petty, demanding God you have in your head. I am HE who spoke the universe into existence because MY words are powerful. I carved canyons with a word, commanded the stars to sing, and gave life with one single breath from MY lungs.

Mt. Shivling, India. National Geographic. 
What do you think I need from you but to look at ME and all I have done out of love? You cannot help but love ME if you truly see ME.

Because I am gently and lowly of heart. My burdens are light - and the darkness cannot understand that.

"In the night the stars shine, and beyond the Cross the love of God shines; our earthly sadness, too, will be lost in the light of Jesus." (Amy Carmichael.)

Spanish Moss in Virginia
So breathe My child - rest, My girl. With a single breath I will give you life. With one word I can teach you to sing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God, you are in all wordless music. In music videos, people always seem to pair wordless song with images of nature. It is You showing Your beauty, the delight You have in sharing it, and there is even some sense of Truth about it - this beauty is real. You are real.

"Though I have all Power in heaven and on earth, I am infinitely tender with you. The weaker you are, the more gently I approach you. Let your weakness be a door to my presence. Whenever you feel inadequate, remember that I am your ever-present Help.

"Hope in Me, and you will be protected from depression and self-pity. Hope is like a golden cord connecting you to heaven. The more you cling to this cord, the more I bear the weight of your burdens; thus you are lightened. Heaviness is not of My kingdom. Cling to hope, and My rays of Light will reach you through the darkness."
(Sarah Young)



"And a light shined in the cell,
And there was not any wall,
And there was no dark at all,
Only Thou, Emmanuel.

Light of Love shined in the cell,
Turned to gold the iron bars,
Opened windows to the stars,
Peace stood there as sentinel.

Dearest Lord, how can it be
That Thou art so kind to me?
Love is shining in my cell,
Jesus, my Emmanuel."
(Amy Carmichael)


No comments:

Post a Comment